Are you looking for an all-round Accounts Assistant role within a busy accounts function? If so, Athwal Resourcing is currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant based in Dudley for a manufacturing company that has undergone a rapid period of growth. The Assistant Accountant role will be reporting directly to the Management Accountant to provide a range of financial support to assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts and cash management. The role requires the need to be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively manage a varied workload while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. This forward-thinking business is offering study support for those wanting a progressive career role in a vibrant business.
As Assistant Accountant will have exposure to:
* Daily preparation of Bank Reconciliations for Sterling and Euro as well as managing balance sheet reconciliations;
* Maintaining Cashflow forecasting;
* Processing payments to suppliers and managing credit card expenses;
* Purchase ledger – processing and checking invoices, raising bacs payments, supplier reconciliations VAT Returns;
* Maintaining the fixed assets register and lease schedules;
* Assisting with periodical stock counts;
* Preparing direct selling costs;
* Assist in cost centre analysis;
* Preparing and processing accruals and prepayments along with posting of journals and depreciation;
* Dealing with general enquiries from customers & suppliers;
* General administration duties within the finance department.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be AAT level 3 qualified (minimum) or completing Level 4;
* Have assisted in the preparation of monthly management accounts either from industry or practice;
* Have a strong understanding of double-entry bookkeeping;
* Experience of expense processing;
* Highly proficient in the use of MS Office especially Word and Excel;
* A self-starter who can manage multiple tasks as well as work well within a team;
* Self-confident and ability to work within strict deadlines and manage;
* To be able to communicate across all levels of the business and with external parties.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.